Even if you aren’t an author yourself, there are so many ways you can help your favorite authors sell their books and become more successful. And if you are an author, hopefully your readers will be willing to do the same for you.
Here are 5 important things you can do to help a book sell!
1. Buy the book – don’t just wait for free copies; buy the book yourself, whether you’re a paperback or eBook person, to help increase those sales numbers
2. Request the book at local bookstores – a lot of indie writers aren’t IN bookstores (it’s a pain and huge process to get included if you’re self-published or with an indie publisher) so order it, get the bookstore to want it in their store
3. Review the book – both at Amazon and on Goodreads for sure, and maybe even on your own blog, so that people see your comments and are encouraged to read it as well
4. LIKE the author or book’s Facebook Page & FOLLOW them on Twitter – because then your friends see your activity and might do the same, and higher numbers beget more LIKES and Followers.
5. Spread the news – make your voice heard not only on your blog and with a review, but by talking about the book on your social feeds and with word of mouth in person to get more buzz going
If each one of our readers did these things for us, wow, we would all be bestsellers. And sure, it doesn’t always happen, so do your part, too. Be the good example to others by doing this for your favorite authors, and the good karma might come back around.